Saturday, May 28, 2011

Poetry

I love poetry. I love writing it, I love listening to it, I love reading it. If poetry was chocolate cake, I'd be enormous.
E. E. Cummings is definitely one of my five favorite poets and I love "Somewhere I Have Never Traveled, Gladly Beyond" which was written by him. Listen to him read it below (his voice gives me goosebumps! Especially when he says the last line.)

P.S. Did you know that E.E. Cummings was not only a poet, but also a novelist, playwright, and painter? Truly a great American artist. Read more of his poetry here

2 comments:

  1. I agree! E.E. Cummings is awesome!

    When I was in matric, we did his poem "i thank you God for this most amazing" as part of our English curriculum. I was quite impressed that the Dept of Education would actually prescribe a poem that is so full of God for a government school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That's so cool, Renate. I'm glad you're a fellow E.E er ;)

    ReplyDelete