Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Writer's Block

Ah! It's inevitable when writing a book. Writer's block. And I have it right now.
That may or may not be the reason why this post is so short.
bahaha
But un/fortunately I am in the middle of NaNoWriMo, so I have to just keep writing, just keep writing, just keep writing, writing, writing. Through the cliche-ridden prose. Through the choppy dialogue.
Sometime I wonder "What do I even have to write about?" or "Do I really have what it takes to be a writer?" And I don't have an answer to those questions. You know what I found the secret is?: Write anyway.
Somedays the only reason I sit down at my computer and type my story is to achieve my desired word count for the day.
But I write anyway.
Somedays I'd rather do schoolwork than write my novel.
But I write anyway.
It took me a l-o-n-g time to learn this lesson. I've been writing for exactly half my life, and I only learnt this in the last year. So keep going, writers, the beginning is always the hardest.

Word count: 33,557
goal: 50,000
Days left: 22

No comments:

Post a Comment