Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Poetry

I mentioned briefly in a previous post my infatuation with poetry. Here are some of my favorites:

5. Water Lilies by Sarah Teasdale
This poem is beautiful.

4. Various poems from Stephen Crane
I know that he was cynical and sometimes dark, but Stephen Crane makes his points strongly in all of his poems. Here are some of my favorites from him: The Wayfarer, In The Desert, and War is Kind.

3. The Dream Keeper by Langston Hughes
There's something about this simple poem that just gets me. I have it hanging up in Walden and it inspires me to not listen to my inner editor while I write!

2. Evening Star by Edgar Allan Poe
There is nothing I love so much as personification of nature in poetry.

1. Somewhere I Have Never Travelled by E. E. Cummings
Also "I thank you God for most this amazing" by the same author.


So those are my favorites, what are yours? Also, I've been looking for more Christian poets. Not look-at-nature-and-how-God-made-it poems, but thinking poems originating from a Christian world view. Do you know of any?
Enjoy the rest of your public holiday, SA readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment